Located on Railway Terrace, Katherine, the station was built in 1926 to service the extension of the North Australia Railway. During WWII it became the headquarters of the NAR. Part of the building is currently used as a secondhand bookshop and the rest of the building is kept open for public inspection by a small group of volunteers. The station is open most day for a few hours.
This small house originally built as an Officer’s Mess during WWII. It is a classic example of bush technology utilising timber, corrugated iron and flywire. Restored by the Trust in 1988 it is open to the public from May to September and managed by the Katherine Branch volunteers. A new addition to the grounds is an original Sidney Williams Hut.